Sunday, May 13, 2012

OPTION or PRIORITY ???

adapted from a blog- http://motifsonthewall.blogspot.com/2011/01/never-allow-someone-to-be-your-priority.html

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." — Mark Twain

~ It takes two to make a relationship work and blossom into a beautiful thing. Everyone deserves to feel loved and respected, and there are really no excuses for making someone feel they have to chase after you….you should just let them go and stop wasting each others time. There are abusive people, ignorant and hurtful people, selfish and narcissistic beings and generally people have this sense they should be catered to.
I think we have all been through this sometime or the other in life, with hindsight, I would now keep my heart in my pocket and slowly take it out, and reveal it to someone who is worthy, its so easy to rush in a relationship especially when the attraction is (appears) mutual .The bible says, 'the heart is desperate', isn’t that so true!! That’s why you should slow down, don’t give too much, as it may frighten off the very one it yearns for. Because you appear so intense, if you pursue this person any further who probably is not worthy of you, it will just stab you all over with pain, and believe me, emotional wounds hurt much more than a physical ones. There are people who do collect hearts solely for their ego, some can be charming and clever, and may make you feel special , but don’t give your time to some one who has you in a queue, when you need a friend, they will be to busy for you ….. It has it taken me 15 years to find out; I hope it doesn’t take you that long.
Life is too short to waste time, energy and make someone your priority while you don't even exist on their list of priorites. We should use our energy ONLY on someone who make the same efforts like us. How much precious time have we wasted on someone, and they aren't even aware as to how much you have worked hard to make things work, and then at the end, look at you as if you're crazy or intense? Don’t accept less than what you deserve, and weed out the ones who only care about their own needs being met. “A relationship should complement, not complicate.” What a difference it makes when you’re surrounded by only those who bring out the best in you.
Because there is a population of soft hearted folks that put 100% into relationships...it becomes one sided while the other person is still looking...The old game, "What can you do to keep me with you?" ....physically there...physically giving themselves to you...but emotionally cheating…can't commit and appreciate what is given to them at the present. 
I have let lots of people do lots of things to me over the course of my life... Friends, lovers, acquaintances...
I treasure every interaction and experience... I learned something from the best and the worst of them also.
Someday, I would like to have the type of love with someone, where I KNOW I am a priority to him.
Life isn't about what people can do for you, but what you can do for people. Yes, it would be a lovely world if you could just ask what you can do for another person, but at some point, if they aren't doing anything for you, wouldn't you feel just a bit used?

-------
There are a lot of men and women out there who can't or won't commit to you in a relationship, or want to have an "open" relationship. I really dislike this type of relationship, I think I really need to ask myself am I a priority or an option for this person??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment